Burton Custom Flying V Snowboard Review
Burton Custom Flying V Snowboard
The game just got some new rules. The reports are in and the Custom Flying V has a load of added features that make this machine something to be reckoned with. With names like Mikkel Bang and Mads Johnson shredding up the slopes on the Flying V, you know it has got be good. The original Flying V was already loaded, but now with more power, snap, control and ultimate optimization the 2012 just made the snowboarding game a lot more interesting. This is just one of the awesome rocker boards from Burton.
- Flying V: This Burton combines a subtle camber with rocker performace literally giving you the best of both worlds. Weaving in and out of your feet, the rocker experience has got the whole board covered with just enough camber to keep the board edgy.
- Infinite Ride: A trademark and Burton exclusive, this technology guarantees a lot of pop. Basically, this tech breaks in your board before you even touch it. Burton over compensates the board then puts it into a machine that preps it for long-lasting flex and pop.
- Pro Tip: Another Burton trademark, this time specifically geared towards agility and reducing the swing weight.
- Channel M6: You might have bindings from other snowboard companies; no problem, the M6 helps make the Vapor compatible with select bindings. Not to mention that the M6 serves as the virtual backbone of the internal technology of the board.
- Superfly Core II: Hard and soft wood interchange giving that unique sandwich blend perfect for added strength in the park and improved performance on the peak. The Superfly will give you some serious snap dude.
- Lightning Bold: Picture all the energy from a thousand lightning bolts shooting out from your feet and ending up somewhere between your board edge and the snow. You are going to have some gnarly speed and total response to your every whim.
- Gondola Package: Want more air? You got it. Crank up the fun with this all-around lighter, stronger and faster board.
- Directional Shape: Everyone knows this is the most versatile out there. Ideal for extreme terrains, the longer nose gives added pop in the tail.
- Dualzone Edge: This edge can take care of itself thanks to the two continuous wood grains that run perpendicular to the core. Thanks to Burton’s genius with wood grains, this edge will hold steady no matter the terrain.
- 10:45: You thought you had reached your limit? Shredders, be ready to test even your capabilities since this baby can take on a nuclear impact and still glide like new.
- Frostbite Edges: You crave danger like our Frostbite Edges crave hard pack. Don’t sweat it though, these things can pull off powder just as easily, but keep in mind it’s the danger your board really wants.
- Squeezebox: Yet another patent-pending technology by Burton, the experts here have really nailed how to squeeze every drop of energy out of your feet and into the tip and tail. Don’t worry about keeping your momentum off an ollie, the Squeezebox takes care of that for you will a whole lot less effort. You will feel more stable and rip up the park feeling like you are walking around the block.