GNU Park Pickle Snowboard Review
Ever think about why so many companies are making symmetrical freestyle snowboards when the human body is asymmetrical front to back? Well, that’s what GNU thought as they put their “catch-free freestyle performance” board together and man has it paid off. When you take that ride on the Pickle you feel unreal and ready to shred up the entire park because this board actually moves with your body’s construction and can handle any terrain. With a deeper heel side sidecut, asym core and banana footing you know this is going to be one epic ride. For one second let’s forget that this board has more technology than should be legal and that your crew is about to be totally shown up by you; after all of that, this board is even eco-friendly and hand-made using eco woods. So, dig that – epic and green.
- Magne Traction: GNU takes the phrase ‘get a grip’ seriously cause this board can get a hold on anything. How do they do it? The experts at GNU have place seven different patterns on the sidecut, giving it that one-of-a-kind grip. Pipe, rail, you name it this board has a stellar serrated edge that cuts snow unlike anything you have ever seen. Don’t worry; this machete has got your back.
- Asymmetrical Twin: Human heel to toe = asymmetrical. Snowboard heel to toe = asymmetrical. Simple enough. With the asym sidecuts and overall construction you will find that the board feels natural under your feet and the overall mechanics stay balanced no matter how wicked your turns are.
- Asymmetrical Core: This ain’t no old school – this core is all about the modern freestylist who is not afraid of any terrain from park to powder and everything in between.
- Banana Technology: Where’s your rocker? GNU has intentionally put the rocker smack dab between your feet. Why? Basically so you can take on literally whatever terrain you want, no limits. With the tip-to-tail edge contact, the banana technology makes for a smooth ride that can handle blizzards, powder, ice and parks.
- Hand Made: That’s right; each GNU Pickle is handmade by the experts who focus on making your snowboard as tough and perfect as possible.
- Sintered 990 Alloy Base: One word: fast. Guaranteed speed is pretty much everything you need to know about this base. The alloy gives your board max absorption so your board can maintain its speed and agility for years.
- EISS 9 UHMW Sidewalls: Let’s get one thing straight; the GNU Pickle is bombproof, not to mention that the 9 layers of birch will give your board gnarly pop.
- Quasi Glass: Everyone has heard of titanium – wicked strong metal. This glass combo is 10x stronger. The fiber foundation you are strapped to is agile, strong and gives you the ultimate control to take your board wherever you want to go.
- AGA2 Sustainable Woodcore: Thanks to the genetic forest used for GNU’s handmade snowboards; the woodcore makes the Pickle light and ready for quick spins. Perfect for the freestyle life that your board to going to have.